Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Lens

Okay, so I was going to start out this post by apologizing for not having posted recently, but since I am apparently the only person that ever checks this blog with any real frequency, I will spare myself the whole throat-clearing apologetic preamble. Anyway, I got a totally awesome new lens (or is it "lense," I'm never sure) for Christmas. Basically, I can take photos of skin pores from across the street. Well, not quite that much magnification, but still very cool. Here are some shots I made with the new lens. The first one is a shot of a globe willow tree in our back yard. It was my wife that actually suggested the shot. I hung outside my upstairs bedroom window trying to find an angle that would not include the neighbor's trampoline. Unfortunately, despite my contortions, you can still see the shadow of the tramp in the upper right corner. I also lost the full shape of the globe which is what really would have made the photo nice. Considered jumping the back fence and moving the neighbor's trampoline, but they have two dogs, and although just pups, I don't care much for dogs, or explaining to neighbors for that matter. The second shot is a little bird's nest that I was able to zoom in on. I'll get some Christmas photos up soon, too. (By the way, I just checked and apparently "lense" is not even a real word, although I think it does work in the plural somehow. Still don't you think plain old "lens" looks like it's missing a letter?)

Tree,snow, winter

tree, nest, winter, snow

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP