Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. ~Author Unknown

Friday, December 19, 2008

Picasa

Okay, I downloaded some new free software -- google/blogger affiliated Picasa. It's not Photoshop, but compared to the free software (PictureProject) that came with my Nikon camera it makes a world of difference. For example, compare the photo of Daniel at the left with the same photo below. On the one below, the strong back lighting put Daniel's face in shadow, which came out particularly dark when I uploaded to Blogger. With Picasa, I was able to add some fill light and bring Daniel's face out a little more, which is nice because I really like the tongue on this photo. So, for all you poor/cheap photographers out there, Picasa is definately a step up from PictureProject. (Note: all you can do in PictureProject is crop, take out redeye, and make albums. Lot's more can be done in Picasa, especially the latest version).
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Sara Ann December 21, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

Hey Mike,

I'm so glad to see that you've found a creative outlet - you are a true artist! I'll be a frequent viewer of your new blog and can't wait to see all your sweet photos. I'll see you on Christmas!

Love ya, Sara

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP