Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Colors

Okay, so I was up late last night uploading the post below. When I get to the office this morning, the colors on the photos look way different than they did at home (i.e., not as good, darker, etc.). The blue in Hannah's eyes in the first photo is completely lost. Is it blogger, my monitor, late night bleary eyes, all of the above, I don't know...turn out the lights and I'll glow. I don't think it's the monitor because when I open the photo outside of blogger, it looks good. Also, is there a way to get photos on my blog to be larger? I would like that. If anyone knows, share the secret. Otherwise, I will look it up an let you know.

1 comments:

Jan December 16, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Blogger does have color casting that I've noticed. For my stuff, it makes it seem more purpley-bluey.

All monitors and printers are different, though, Michael, so it will never look exactly how it does at home or on your camera. Colors are mostly device dependant and will look different when you print it, when you look at it on another screen, when you post it on the internet, etc. Stuff you try to compensate for that can be frustrating, eh?

I love that one of Hannah, though! That's such a sweet shot - I love her ruffley hair in it. Very nice! Helen should print it off and frame it :)

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP