Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. ~Author Unknown

Monday, December 15, 2008

First Snow

We got the first real snow of the year last Saturday, and of course the kids wanted to go outside and play. So, I followed them with my camera and got some great shots, including one of my all time favorite photos of my daughter Hannah. No cropping or anything on this one, just pure photographic serendipity. Here's another one of Hannah that I really like. Here's one of Daniel the cheeky snow eater. I really like the white background on this one. Again, no cropping -- this is just the way I shot it. You may not be able to see it on this smaller version, but there was a little piece of bluethread on Daniel's chin in this one. I realize all you Photoshop-spases out there could get rid of that imperfection and probably put a snowflake on his nose and a reflection of raindeer in his eyes, but whatever; I'm just doing my best here with what I've got. One last one of Daniel. This is after we came inside and were drinking hot chocolate. It's the tongue. Okay, so what I've learned is that I've been too distracted so far monkeying around with camera settings, etc. I mean, I'm just trying to learn how to use a tool better, so its okay, but at the end of the day, it is the subject matter that matters. Is this blog starting to sound like the final scene of a Dougie Howser, M.D. episode? Maybe the better question is, does anyone besides me remember Dougie Howser, M.D.?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP