Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Things I don't think

Okay, so it's been a really long time since I've posted. Two reasons I think: first, I just haven't had any time to go out and take photos and second, I haven't really had anything good to take photos of. So, the other day as I was driving into work, I saw a new sushi restaurant that is just getting ready to open and the thought occurred to me, I don't think anyone really likes sushi. My next thought was, it would be fun to come up with a list of things that I don't think. So here it is. As it turns out, I think about a lot of things, so the list was shorter than I thought it would be. At least it gave me some photo ideas.

1. I don’t think anyone really likes sushi; I mean it’s raw fish, common on, really, quit pretending and go eat something that’s cooked.

2. I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk on your cell (or other) phone while on the toilet. I get an involuntary shudder each time I’m on the phone with someone and hear a flush.
3. I don’t think it’s ever a good idea to eat more than two handfuls of Skittles in any one sitting, unless you are willing to purge.

4. I don’t think there are really enough hours in a week to be a dad, have a job, have a church calling, take up photography has a hobby, take up hiking as a hobby, take up soccer as a hobby, learn to play the guitar, and finish a painting before my wife’s birthday…and yet I can’t stop thinking I would like to buy a road bike and get back into cycling.
5. I don’t think I would have survived past the age of twelve if I’d been born before the Renaissance…without glasses I can’t even trim my own toenails let alone scavenge for food.
6. I don’t think domesticated animals really are all that “domesticated”; I think they’re mostly just patiently waiting for the right opportunity…did you hear about that monkey?

7. I don’t think everyone who smiles is necessarily happy.
8. I don’t think anyone really enjoys being tickled once they start puberty. It must be a hormonal thing or something. What’s nice about being prodded by other people’s fingers in unusual places? For some reason, though, my kids (thankfully all prepubescent for a few more years) can’t get enough.
9. I don’t think going downhill on Rollerblades, a skateboard, or other wheeled contraptions that don’t have a reliable braking system is either safe or fun.
10. I don’t think international travel with five kids under the age of six is as exhausting as trying to roll Roseanne Barr to the top of Mt. Everest, but it’s pretty darn close.
11. I don’t think there are really more than maybe twenty people in the world who are really good at golf, and even they hit it into the rough sometimes.
12. I don’t think I’m going to shave until my wife gets back from visiting her family (week and a half).
13. I don't think truly pure water has any flavor, although my brother insists that it does. Think about it though, if water had a flavor it would have to taste kind of like something. What does water kind of taste like? Can't think of anything, can you...proof that water has no flavor. You can feel the cold or hot of the water, you can taste impurities in the water, but water itself is tasteless, or at least so I contend.

3 comments:

Aimee March 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Have you ever had a drink of tap water on the East coast? NY? DC? NJ? It might change your mind. Might. As you contend, it may be the things in the water, but that water TASTES.

Emily March 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

Wow....your mind goes places that mine can't catch up with. What in the world made you think all those random things together? Impressive. I will say, I totally agree with #1, #2, #4 (for SURE), #5, #6, #7, #8, #10 - close call, #11, #12, and as for #13 - I am with Jeff. I can't stand to drink some water and can't get enough of others. Hope you survive the week! Sorry we didn't get to see you much today.

Jan March 23, 2009 at 1:04 AM  

I TOTALLY LOVE sushi, Michael, and it's not because I think I'm cool when I do, either, lol. I really like it a lot. It seems really wrong for me, too, because I'm so weird about my meats (I don't eat it if it's processed, breaded, ground, etc. etc.). I think that's maybe why I like it, though - I can see exactly what it is and there's so weirdo stuff to get in the way.... Hmmm..

You think very interesting thoughts!! lol

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP